Agricultural Assistant Summer Employment Opportunity
The Agricultural Assistant provides direct support to the Executive Director in the day to day operations of the Advanced Payment Program and grower data management during the summer months. This role is fast paced with numerous functions and responsibilities attached to it and reports directly to the Executive Director. A work week of 35 hours is scheduled from 8:30am-4:30pm although there may be work periodically in the evenings.
Functions of the role include;
• assisting with compliance of the Advanced Payments Program Agreement
• building relationships with producers,
• ensuring office is open during regular business hours and provides a warm and welcoming environment
• complying with regulations in regards to operations of the organization
• adherence to administrative best practices to improve efficiency and effectiveness
• supporting the mission, vision, and strategic plan of the organization
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Agricultural Assistant correlate to effective and efficient operations of the Advanced Payment Program by ensuring ASBG is completing the duties required as an administrator of the program. The responsibilities also include ensuring grower information data is up to date and catalogued appropriately in the information management systems.
Duties and Responsibilities include;
• Advanced Payment Program- measuring fields, reporting crop conditions, and updating grower files.
• Front Desk Reception- answering phones, greeting visitors, providing refreshments, and ensure environment is welcoming and receptive.
• Communications-responding to inquiries, providing information for social media, interviewing growers for public relations, and being available during office hours when the admin assistant is on holidays.
• Data Input and Collection- updating quota software, databases, contact lists, producer lists, and the policy and procedure manual.
• Event Planning- assisting the Administrative Assistant with the planning of the Golf Tournament, mid-summer meeting, and any other events during the timeframe of employment.
• Filing- quotas and related information, general office, and appropriate electronic submissions
• Liaising with processor around the Advanced Payment Program paperwork.
• Promoting a positive relationship through communications and interaction.
• Gathering field data from the agronomists for grower records.
• Employment from June 5-August 25, 2017
• Hours of work: 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm, lunch hour off
• Hourly Wage of $15.00. Potential honorarium for continuing education at end of term.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Applications will be accepted from May 5- May 19th, 2017 and only from individuals planning to attend post-secondary in the fall in an agricultural field of study. Only those individuals considered for an interview will be contacted.